FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Karina Martinez at [email protected] / 858-752-1262
Angela Chavez [email protected]
MEDIA ADVISORY: VIRTUAL PRESSER
California Leaders and Advocates Unite: Call on Voters to Stop Recall of Governor Newsom
Los Angeles, Calif., – In response to the September 14, 2021 California recall election and announcement of recall candidates, state and community advocates unite to stop the recall and urge a NO vote on the recall of Governor Gavin Newsom.
Following the release of a joint statement against the recall, by over 30 organizations, Courage California and statewide leaders will hold a press conference on Thursday, July 22, to discuss the lasting consequences a successful recall would have on California’s communities – and what Californians must do to prevent the deliberate and devastating power-grab.
WHAT: A virtual press conference with California advocacy leaders and organizations, statewide and regional, on what is at stake should the September 14 recall election succeed.
WHEN: Thursday, July 22, 2021
TIME: 10 AM PST
REGISTRATION: Zoom Link (Registration provides Q&A capabilities)*
- Courage California: Irene Kao, Executive Director
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE): Juan Cesar Rubalcava, Civic Engagement Coordinator
- CAUSE: Hazel Davalos, Organizing Director
- CHIRLA Action Fund: Fatima Flores, Political Director
- Communities for a New California (CNC): Pablo Rodriguez, Executive Director
- California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV): Matt Abularach-Macias, Campaigns and Organizing Manager
- Women Against the Recall (WAR): Aimee Allison, Founder and President of She the People
* Additional speakers may be added.
The press conference will be recorded and made available to the media upon request.